Possibly the most important part of ACT. Once you know what you care about and you have the tools to cope with climbing your own mountain to reach it, you set some goals to get you there – following the mountain analogy, like a series of camping posts on the way to reach.
After my first miscarriage, within my value of family my all consuming goal was starting one. Breaking that into steps, it looked something like –
- Follow reverse compass by taking a month or two off trying to wait for a normal period before trying again.
2. Enlist other half in the goal of trying again.
3. Use Ovia (period tracker) to increase chances of getting pregnant again by trying on the right days.
4. Resume giving up wine, coffee and running.
5. Review efficacy of plan every month and do what it takes to make it work – even if that brings up some difficult feelings. Commit to coping with what comes up – because it will come up and it will be hard, and there may be times giving up appeals and there’s a need to review whether it’s worth it.